We are +23 BIM professionals!

Join us>
Do you have any questions?

Need technical support, advice or advice?

Saturday June 12 2021
  11 Replies
  622 Visits
  Subscribe now
Good morning all .
Please what to do when you want to reduce the dimensions of all objects and families in a BIM model.
there are about 3 months
·
Votes
Cancel
Hello Leonel,

Curious and intriguing request! A BIM model is inevitably at 1/1 scale. The numerous parametric occurrences induce this scale through the values ​​of certain minimum variables such as the width of a door block for example.
Export via a non-BIM format can allow this type of reduction such as the stl format relating to stereolithography, the fbx format, etc.

What is your objective ?

Christophe Fortineau
Consultant, trainer and AMO BIM
there are about 3 months
·
Votes
Cancel
Christophe hello,
I built my model under revit by injecting families of window doors and everything that constitutes the assembly of a model. when I wanted to start with the fixed water sprinkler fire extinguishing system I just realized from the elevation between the levels of the floor that I had gone from 3m to 30m and the same for the whole model .
there are about 3 months
·
Votes
Cancel
Hi

1) If you install in a new project one of the families that you used in your problematic project, do you get the same problem?

2) Can you delete almost everything on your project, leaving for example only a few walls, openings, some HVAC devices, piping ... and put the resulting file on the forum?

@ more

@ more
there are about 3 months
·
Votes
Cancel
Hi

Christophe hello,
I was building ... between the levels of the floor that I had gone from 3m to 30m and the same for the whole model.

Wouldn't that be rather 30 decimeters?

@ more
there are about 3 months
·
Votes
Cancel
:( :( :( hello Francis,
you can imagine this is the first thing i looked at and rechecked.
there are about 3 months
·
Votes
Cancel
Hi

With your project very very light, but still having the defect reported, it would be easier for us to try on our creations to solve your problem ...

@ more
there are about 3 months
·
Votes
Cancel
OK I DO IT QUICKLY AND I WILL FORWARD TO YOU
there are about 3 months
·
Votes
Cancel
hello everyone after some cleaning i'm at 117m but no way to send this as attachments how please?
there are about 3 months
·
Votes
Cancel
Hello,

A Wetransfer maybe?
there are about 3 months
·
Votes
Cancel
Hi

You can also leave only 3 or 4 different occurrences, two or three walls, and remove all the other unused families. What matters to us, so as not to think unnecessarily on a blank sheet of paper, is to have a miniproject with the flaw you pointed out.

@ more
there are about 2 months
·
Votes
Cancel
Hi

Did you solve your problem? If so, could you tell us how, and what was the cause?

@ more
There is no response to this discussion yet.
Be the first to answer it!

Discover our services

recruitment

Your career at N&Co

More Information

communication

Communication

More Information

Advertising

Training

More Information

Hexabim