This learning guide has been designed to teach you the functionality of Autodesk Revit as if you were going to work with it during the entire design process. You will begin by familiarizing yourself with the user interface and the main tools for editing and viewing plans. You will then learn how to use design development tools, including how to model walls, doors, windows, floors, ceilings, stairs, and so on. Finally, you will become familiar with the processes required to move the model to the documentation phase of construction information.
The Autodesk Learning Guide® Revit® 2018 Architecture: Basic Concepts aims to enable students to create architectural project models entirely in 3D and to configure them in work plans. This learning guide focuses on the main tools required by the majority of users.
- Understanding of Building Information Modeling (BIM) objectives and how they are applied to Autodesk Revit software.
- Navigating the Autodesk Revit workspace and interface.
- Using the main drawing and editing tools.
- Create levels and grids as data elements for the model.
- Creating an 3D building model with walls, curtain walls, windows and doors.
- Add floors, ceilings and roofs to the building model.
- Creating staircases by components and custom.
- Add component features like furniture and equipment.
- Configuring sheets for a plot with text, dimensions, details, labels, and BOMs.
- Creation of details.
It is beneficial to have an understanding of architectural terminology.